Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dresses. Again.

Yesterday was payday, and I went online shopping! I bought two dresses from Modcloth, and I can't wait for them to get here. In the process, I kind of realized something about my style.

It's always going to be kind of pin-up/50's flirt. There's a natural affinity between this style and the hourglass body type. Whether that's in or not, with the rest of the world, seems kind of irrelevant. It's what I like.

So that was kind of a revelation. Lately, going to stuff with friends, I've been finding myself defending my desire to get dressed up for even the simple get-togethers. But, frankly, that's just who I am. I like getting dolled up. I do that thing.

It's fun!

4 comments:

  1. It's fun for you, and ultimately, for the rest of us as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome style- and Modcloth has tons of cutey flirty dresses I always drool over! Cath and I both like getting dressed up for more simple occasions- I think it makes things more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you know what best flatters your body type and stick with it. Ultimately, no matter what the trends are, you will look your best. And I think it's fabulous that you get dressed up. I am perpetually overdressed compared to others but it just makes me feel better about myself and life in general.

    And I cannot wait to see what dresses you purchased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shop. I'd never seen it before. When it comes to dressing up - the more the better!

    ReplyDelete