Monday, June 22, 2009

Requiem for Firefly

My heart aches knowing that in seven years, Fox still hasn't come to its senses and begged Joss Whedon to re-start Firefly. One movie wasn't enough. That show was brilliant.

I am not much for TV. I think it's mostly rubbish. I frequently campaign my husband that we discontinue our service. I would probably win that argument if there was some other reliable way my hubby could catch all the good international football matches.

Perhaps that's why, after renting the DVD's of Firefly, I really cannot conceive of how this wonderful show got canceled after one little season. HOW was that possible? I realize that FOX is just a crap-spewing media company. I realize they strive for mediocrity, and that their "news" is sensationalized hooey appealing chiefly to poor ol' put-upon rich white people. But if The Simpsons could survive this long, why not Firefly?


I know, I'm late to the party. Seven years late. I just have to say it once more, for the multiverse to hear: Firefly is one of the greatest television shows of all time. It is a travesty that there are only 14 episodes and one awesome movie.

2 comments: