Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally Leaving Town

OK, that's not really a fair post title. I did get to go on an island vacation in March. But since then it's been all work, all the time. All work.

So tomorrow I'm taking a four day weekend! Heading with my sweetie back to the city where I was born and raised. The good ol' Fresno, California.


I don't think I've seen my parents in... well a year or so if I remember correctly. Definitely more than that. But hey, I bought a house, I finished another year of grad school, and I got a promotion in that amount of time. I even crossed another milestone that I've mentioned in comments on some of these awesome style blogs that I'm always following. Probably yours, if you're reading this.

I do love a good packing post, but I live in a city that's 97 deg F, and I'm visiting a city that's 106 deg F. Seriously I will only be wearing tank tops, shorts, skirts, and tank dresses. That's pretty much it.

Funny thing, my husband is talking to his brother on the phone right now and they just got into a conversation about NorteƱo music. Now that is very Fresno.

8 comments:

  1. Have a good trip lovely lady! Enjoy the sunshine! I am going to sit out in the sun today in your honor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Have fun!! I haven't seen my parents for a very long time as well.

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the sporadic postings and the fact that you're a sociology student hard at work, I can tell that you definitely deserve a break! And does it sound too creepy of me to say that I think I know what milestone you're talking about? Either way, I hope you soak up as much hot sun (but not too much!) at home. :)

    Toast with Charmalade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! i think you have been kind enough to be one of my very few faithful readers! hehe! I must say that your comment on the loss of my turquoise rings is quite interesting and its funny that I have been having some pretty bad vibes. I think that when I wrote that blog entry I had counted my chickens before they hatched because Ive had a little bit of a bad day!

    I hope that you have fun in Fresno and just know that come August you will have a friend in San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry, I guess I've only mentioned pieces here and there throughout the blog.
    I styled, wrote, directed and co-produced it. It's my first ever film clip and I am pretty damn proud! :D
    I'll do a post to clarify this week.
    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great time! Pictures, please!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up in Fresno too! It is soo funny how I think that there are only 100 families in Fresno, and I should know everyone. I live in Denver, but I like it more when I'm just visiting. 90 degrees is my limith these days!

    ReplyDelete