Thursday, May 17, 2012

KC Teen Plaza Issues

I'm a co-author! I seriously wish this was a blog post about my first journal publication, but it's not. It is  a post about a report I co-authored entitled Youth Flash Mobs in Kansas City: Causes, Consequences and Recommendations by Houston, Seo, Kennedy and Knight. It has gotten press in the Kansas City Star, the St. Louis Post Dispatch, and the Lawrence Journal-World. I particularly like the article by Lynn Horsley in the Kansas City Star. She did an excellent job.

Also, I co-presented the report to the Kansas City Parks and Recreation Department with Leigh Anne Taylor Knight and that was fun! I wore a suit. Not kidding. It was neato. I think I was always hoping my research would help someone somehow, but only expecting that I would have to settle for helping other academics. It is really exciting to be able to contribute to the public discourse. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment