Monday, December 14, 2009

Finals Week

Well. One paper down, one written test and one more paper to go. And of course, I can't bring myself to write much until I read a few more articles. Just a few more. Always just a few more.

There is quite alot of victory in having one paper down though. It was chock full of good interview quotes and interesting theories, if I do say so myself. I hope my professors agree.

The most exciting news of all is that tonight I get my craft cabinet! My husband and I commissioned a cabinet to be made to store my sewing machine, all my fabrics, yarn and sewing supplies, my knitting stuff, my collage clippings, my card supplies, and on and on. You know: the crafties! So the cabinet is getting delivered to our house tonight!!!! YAY! Better than a Christmas tree in so many ways!

The good news is, we will have to paint it, and I need to pick out a color. That will prevent me from spending tonight locating, organizing, sorting, and finding spots for all my crafties. That project really does not need to be distracting me from the reading and writing that has to get done by Thursday. THURSDAY!

Le sigh.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with the end of the semester! Eventually I will have to go back to school and get my masters, but until then I'm really enjoying not having finals at the moment.

    Please take pics of your cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck getting all your work done!!
    (and i can't tell you how much i appreciate your sweet comments--they seriously put a smile on my face).

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a surprise for you on my blog :) go lookey......you may have won something....maybe.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope we get to see pictures of the cabinet! Good luck finishing up your work!

    fashionableacademics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Emily! I just saw from your comment on By Hillary that you got the promotion that you interviewed for recently. I just wanted to say congratulations!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps- Happy holidays, Emily! We hope you and your fam are having a wonderfully relaxing day (and no writing we hope ;)
    xoxo,
    Lar & Cath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh... yes.... how it does feel so good to have one down, no matter how many more there are to go!!! Especially when something is well done - there is no better feeling than sharing it with someone and seeing how their opinion of it pans out :)

    Ohhhhh!!! A crafts cabinet!!! You lucky girl! I think you should paint it some wild stand out color (one of your secret favorites) so that every time you look at it it screams "CREATION" and motivates you! It could be the little rebel box that could :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting so much accomplished! Love that feeling :) And how did the craft cabinet turn out? What color of paint did you pick?
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete